Based in TX, United States
November 30, 2018
Katto is a flow-inducing rhythm game that tests your brain. Use your two katana to chop through unique obstacles to the beat of Katto's original soundtrack. Each obstacle is designed to test and develop some combination of your reaction time, memory, dexterity, and focus. Try to keep up as levels get faster over time, and obstacles combine to create new challenges!
Each katana orientation is linked to a button on your keyboard. Controlling both katanas at the same time leads to developing left hand and right hand independence, similar to playing the piano.
In March 2017, Bailey Snyder started creating Katto as an experiment in artistic expression. He had previous experience with programming, but little to none with art, music composition, or game design.
In November 2017, Katto was transformed into a rhythm game. Keeping the original "brain game" concepts and twitch gameplay, everything would now keep to a musical beat.
In March 2018, Katto was put in closed beta.
In early November 2018, Katto's release date was set to November 30, 2018.
In January 2021, Katto's price was lowered from $4.99 to $2.99.
- Original soundtrack with a dynamic melody you create as you play
- A series of endless levels that get faster over time
- Obstacles that provide a unique challenge on their own, and when combined with other obstacles
- A colorful flow-inducing environment
- Daily challenges
Logo & Icon
- "Seemingly combining Guitar Hero and Fruit Ninja, Bailey Snyder’s first game, Katto, takes a different approach to the rhythm game genre."
- George Ash, Cliqist
About Bailey Snyder
Bailey Snyder is a software and video game developer. In March 2017 he began working on Katto, his first video game. In May 2019 he earned his bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
More information on Bailey Snyder, our logo & relevant media are available here.
presskit() by Rami Ismail (Vlambeer) - also thanks to these fine folks